Follow the steps below to make sure your network settings are correct.
- Push the [Previous] button on the LCD panel to return to the "Select Usage" screen and remove the LAN cable from the scanner.
- Select "Use the scanner by itself" and push the [Next] button.
- Make sure the [Network Settings] button is visible on the [Wired LAN Connection] screen.
- After pushing the [Network Settings] button, connect the LAN cable.
- Check each network setting for errors.
Also, bring up the [Check connection (Ping)] screen to make sure you can communicate with a computer that are in the same subnetwork as the scanner and can connect to the NTP server.
If the network settings are correct, you may not obtain the current time from the NTP server.
See "Unable to connect to the NTP server. Or system time synchronization fails." to check the status of the connection to the NTP server.