Please check each item below and try the actions listed.
Action 1: Is it a temporarily connection error to an NTP server?
Depending on the message that appears, try the following:
In the case of "NTP system time synchronization failed. Do you want to check the connection with the NTP server?"
Select [Yes] to the message and click the [Sync Time] button.
- A message "Successfully synced with the NTP server." appears when system time synchronization with the NTP server is successful. Clear the message with the [OK] button, then click the [Setting] button to return to the [DirectScan] screen.
- If the message "Failed to sync time." appears, clear the message with the [OK] button. After waiting a while, click the [Sync Time] button again.
If the message appears repeatedly, make a note of the IP address of the NTP server that appears on the last line of the message in preparation for the Action 4 and subsequent confirmation, then clear the message with the [OK] button and click to return to the [DirectScan] screen.
In the case of "Failed to connect to the NTP server. Check the status of the NTP server or contact your network administrator."
Select [OK] on the message and click the [Sync Time] button.
- After successfully synchronizing the system time with the NTP server, the message will be erased, so click [Next] to continue on the [Enter Current Date and Time] screen.
- If the message appears repeatedly, make a note of the IP address of the NTP server that appears on the last line of the message in preparation for the Action 4 and subsequent confirmation. clear the message with the [OK] button, click [Previous] to return to the [Select Usage] screen, and then try the subsequent steps.
You cannot connect to an NTP server that requires authentication when synchronizing system time.
Action 2: Is the scanner's IP address correct?
You can check the IP address of the scanner in the [Network] screen which appears to click → [Scanner information] → [Network] on the LCD panel.
If the IP address is manually set, make sure the correct IP address is set.
If an IP address is automatically set, make sure the DHCP server is working properly. Also, even if the DHCP server is operating correctly, IP addresses may not be assigned correctly due to the settings on the DHCP server side, so check the operating status of the DHCP server and the settings on the DHCP server side.
Action 3: Is the scanner's IP address used by another device?
If the same IP address is used by multiple devices in the same network, the communication will not perform properly. Take action not to duplicate IP addresses.
Action 4: Is the NTP server working properly?
There may be no response from the NTP server.
If you have set the NTP server manually, make sure that the NTP server you noted in Action 1 is working properly.
Action 5: Is the scanner and the NTP server ready to communicate?
Start a command prompt on a Windows computer that is in the same subnetwork as the scanner, and use the "tracert" command to specify the IP address of the NTP server to check the communication status.
If communication is not possible, check the following:
- Make sure the cables are connected properly between the network devices such as switches, hubs, and routers.
- If MAC address filtering is set on the network devices such as switches, hubs, routers, make sure the MAC address of the scanner to be allowed.
You can check the MAC address of the scanner in the [Network] screen which appear to click → [Scanner Information] → [Network] on the LCD panel.
If you want to check the MAC address during the setup of [Use the scanner by itself] in the scanner setup, select [Use the scanner connected to a computer] in the [Select Usage] screen to complete the setup and check from as above.
(You can change how to use the scanner from the screen displayed in the next step. → [Scanner Settings] → [How to use])
- If the protocol filter function is set on the network devices such as switches, hubs, and routers, allow the UDP protocol used for communication.
- If network devices such as switches, hubs, and routers, prohibits communication between connected devices (e.g., network isolation function), allow it.
For details on how to set up a network device, refer to the manual of the network device you are using.
Action 6: Is the firewall setup correct?
Check that the firewall devices on the network path from the scanner to the NTP server are configured correctly and that communication restrictions are not applied.